China Time

Monday, May 26, 2008

Shaoxing


We are in Shaoxing now after a flight from Changchun into Hangzhou and a short 1 hour trip by car from there.
Everything went smoothly on this trip. My wife's brother has "guanxi" and a friend of his got us checked in at the VIP line and we went through the VIP security line, and got seats near the front of the plane. And we didn't have to pay extra for our overwieght luggage! It was awesome. Of course we got a snack on the plane - hot dog, small cake, and cherry tomatoes.
It's hot and humid here in Shaoxing. Mama had lunch ready for us and Baba poured a glass of Moutai for me. They also turned on the AC for me. It's uncomfortable without it. After lunch we all took a short nap! Well, it is Memorial Day back home, so I took a break!
Shuya has been pretty good all day, sleeping on the plane, sitting on my lap and looking out the window of the car on the ride to Shaoxing, we took turns spotting trucks of different colors "red truck", "yellow truck" and "blue truck", and motorcycles. She acted out a little with grandma and grandpa but I suspect she just had a lot of energy stored up.

No comments: