China Time

Saturday, May 12, 2007

In Shanghai


We made it to Shanghai in 2 vans. We are in an incredible room thanks to friends of Wenguo's parents. They own a nice hotel in Shanghai. It's a large, elegant suite. We will pay 2o0 Yuan per night. I'll post pictures. It has internet access (slow high-speed) but I still can't see this blog, or Nate and Diana's blog - although I did get a peek at both just before we left Shaoxing. It seems odd that access is intermittent. I have always been able to access Kim's blog on youbelong.net. It's never blocked.

We had a wonderful lunch at an excellent restaurant in the hotel. Mama made sure I drank as much pijiou as I wanted. Qing Tao beer.

We are trying to get Shuya to take a nap and then we will go visit some of Wenguo's family this afternoon.

-posted by Dan

No comments: