China Time

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Down time...

We are just relaxing today and everything is going well. This morning on our way to breakfast I had an urge to see if she could walk and so I put her down on the nice thick cushioned rug in the hallway and took her hand and started walking. She walked along beside me to the elevator and stood in the elevator with me all the way down to the first floor - she tried to get off everytime the elevator door opened - then she walked almost all the way to the breakfast room! Wenguo was just about in tears when she saw her walking!

Last night we put her in the crib after dinner (we went to bed early this time!) and I rubbed her back for awhile until she went to sleep. I didn't have to hold her and try to put her down! Then we slept until about 6AM and go to breakfast around 7:30. The only thing she really doesn't like is taking a bath! She screamed the whole time again! She has pooped a couple of times now so we know she is acclimating to her new family. But she still pushes me away when I try to kiss her! When she is tired of walking, however, she puts her arms up to me so that I'll pick her up - that's all I need for now!

It's raining now so we changed our plans and will hang out at the hotel until 11 and then we will take a bus to our group lunch. After lunch we will all go to a museum and the kids will probably sleep in their strollers while the adults get a taste of culture.

I am going to post some more pictures now and we'll try to check in again later today.

Best to everyone!

Dan and Wenguo

-posted by Dan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful. We are so happy to see new pictues, and she is more adorable in each one! It sounds like things are going very well--sleeping, eating, and even walking! I'm sure the bath-time will eventually become easier. We are thinking of you so often and are glad there is this blog for us to check several times a day.
Mary Talmage & Matt

Anonymous said...

It's great to see the updates and especially the pictures. She is unbearably cute. I'm so glad she is adjusting well and even laughing :) That's wonderful that she is comfortable with both of you holding and caring for her already. Looking forward to more updates and pictures!

Anne & Matt

Anonymous said...

Dear Dan & Wenguo,

Please download any preferred pics at: http://www.learningchinese.org/20070430/ .
I am sure these pictures can always remind us of the beautiful memories of Wuhan trip.

Abel & Yongmei