China Time

Friday, April 20, 2007

Packing...

We are packing the last few things we think we need - and taking out a couple of things here and there. A shirt or two - a pair of shorts - we need to lighten the load. I'm not sure why we are bringing almost a suitcase full of stuff for the baby - we'll be able to buy stuff there pretty cheap. Oh well. I guess we need to be prepared. I'm sure we'll still fill a suitcase with new stuff for her! (That lap ticket will pay for itself - we can bring another 50lb bag!)

Just about 30 hours before take off - and less than a week before we meet her!

We'll be in Wuhan on the 25th. We are already planning to meet some of the folks in our group. We've made contact with all of the couples and I think we're going to be traveling with a nice small group. They all have kids so they will be able to help us - you don't know how much calmer that makes me feel! Kim has been especially nice. We've had a lot of contact with her and she is very thoughtful. We can't wait to meet her!

Lots of people I work with said kind things this week, and especially today. I've promised to bring Shuya to work to show her off when we get back. I can't wait!

I am sure there will be difficult moments, but I am so looking forward to this trip. I've been saving my vacation for a long time, so that I don't have to take any unpaid leave, and I hope to get a little relaxation on this journey. I think we're staying at some very nice hotels so I think I'll be able to find some time to relax, and I'm not going to try to do a lot of sight-seeing. I just want to spend some quality time with Shuya and try to bond with her.

- posted by Dan

1 comment:

Chinamom said...

Are you there yet!? We keep wondering where you are, ticking the time differences away in our head and reliving our own experience with you. Wish we were going with you, we can't wait to meet Shuya and see her adjust to her beautiful new life with the two of you. Bing can't wait to see her new Mei Mei - I don't think she realizes the difference that it's your baby - not ours! Thiswill be interesting. If anything, she has decided to share her Easter basket goodies with Shuya for "when she comes home with Wenguo and Dan"! Have a grea time this next day or two and remember to breathe...